There is lots to see and do in the local and surrounding area including:
- Pistyll Rhaeadr - at 240 ft (74 metres tall) it's the highest waterfall in Wales and England. It's one of the Seven Wonders of Wales.
- Lake Vyrnwy Nature Reserve - managed by the RSPB a great day out for bird-watching, walking and sculptures.
- Pennant Melangell church - 12th century church and shrine to St Melangell. A Christian centre for counselling, reflection and pastoral care.
- Bala Lake - water sports, narrow gauge railway and leisure centre
- Snowdonia National Park
- Powis castle and gardens
- Llanfair narrow gauge railway
- Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog
- Llanrhaeadr Ym Mochnant
Golf courses at Bala, Oswestry, Welshpool, Newtown, Welsh Border, Machynlleth, Ruthin, Dolgellau, Betws-Y-Coed, Ellesmere, Chirk, Wrexham, Llangollen, Shresbury, Telford, Shifnal, Lilleshall, Church Stretton, Whitchurch, Mold, Ffestiniog, Chester and Llanamynech and so much more.............